Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Yucky old Virus!!!!!
Well, baby girl has been struck with a virus, while we were on a little escape to the beach no less. She had a fever for 3 days... and slept alot! While I felt bad for her, I kind of enjoyed the sleep (I'm a bad mommy, aren't I?) I was convinced that she had an ear infection, but the doctor rendered those horrible, awful, ear piercing words: It's just a virus, should be better in a few days, if not, come back. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!
You would have thought that baby girl was undergoing some terribly painful surgery without any pain relief when they were removing the wax from her ears... Friends of ours were in the room next door, when a nurse, the doctor, and myself had to hold her down, and she screamed and screamed and tried to get away. (the nurse commented on what strength she had for such a young child) Then they tried to look in her mouth at her throat, but she would not open her mouth, and the doctored feared she might crack the tongue depressor in half, so she gave up and took blood instead. All this just to look in her ears and throat???? And this came from the girl who didn't even cry when they gave her 4 shots at 6 months.
Anyway, we waited in the waiting room for the results of the blood test, and our friend came out and said "Man, did you hear that kid screaming?" To which I replied, "Yes, that was mine!"

So, 3 days later, she's fever free, and slept last night for 9 hours straight! There are 4 teeth lurking under those gums 2 poking through... I will not take those sleeping hours for granted!

And, to update you on dear husband....
We had a date on Monday night. The first part of the date consisted of me crying and telling him that I was so worried that he was always going to be a terrible listener, a selfish person, and that he would always be oblivious to his ways.
I actually got a bit of a response from him, and he "says" that he hears what I'm saying and that he wants to be a better husband. We'll see....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you accosted your husband with such behavior and told him how horrible he was. If I were your husband I'd tell you to leave and try to find the one you're dreaming about. Grow up.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Dr. Phil - who do you think you are? Women talk through their problems...why did I every help you get your start?