Friday, July 14, 2006

5!


Five years ago today I became a mommy for the first time. My sweet little girl was born, and the moment I laid eyes on her, I loved her more than anything else in the world. Now, a few days after that when I was trying to figure out how to be a mommy, how to feed my baby, and how to function on so little sleep... I still loved her, I just wasn't so sure about my own self or my mommy capabilities. But we've made it for 5 years, and I think I can confidently say that we're doing just fine!

I was thinking today back to that day and how much love filled the room when she was born. I was thinking about how much love and joy she brings to our lives, our families lives, and pretty much any life that she meets. She has such a personality. Sometimes she is so dramatic, and sometimes so shy. She has a wonderful heart and cares about almost all creatures big and small. She is an amazing listener. She has learned her phone number just by listening to me say it at stores or on the phone. Amazing! She is smart! very smart! She is quite an artist too.

In the past year I've noticed that she is growing into a little girl, not a baby, not a toddler, but a real little girl. She is expressing such interest in being independent, and I know I need to let her, but I'll always be there for her when she needs me. She's so sensitive too, and on more that one occasion lately she has explained to me," Mommy, I'm sensitive, so you should tell me if you are joking or not, I might not know." How do you argue with that!

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I'm so proud to be your mommy, you are an amazing, little girl, and I'm the luckiest mommy in the world.

No comments: