Sunday, July 09, 2006

"I am a queen!"

We just returned from Pennsylvania where we attended my husband's family reunion. The reunion was nice, much better than I expected... all of my dreading for nothing. My sweet girl and baby girl enjoyed swimming in the pool and jumping on the trampoline of one of my husband's cousin's that I have only met twice in the eight years that we have been married.
But the best part was hanging with our cousin's that live in Northern Virginia at the Johnstown Hampton Inn! They enjoyed a dinner at Applebee's where we were seated at the bar (because where else would you seat a party of 18?) Then back to the hotel for late night dip in the heated pool. And then to our room where sweet girl was so excited to sleep...because her daddy had been telling her for 3 days how she was going to sleep in a queen bed. He meant a queen-sized bed, she thought he meant a bed fit for a queen. She kept talking about how she was a queen and she had servants and how they had to obey her. The bed had a very nice down comforter on it, with lots of fluffy pillows and did look fit for a queen! She got into her jammies, and snuggled in. Her daddy read the princess and the pea to her and her cousin, who came over to join the queen for a sleep over. After the story and a lullaby sung by yours truly, she said to me,"Tomorrow I will need to have breakfast in bed on a tray." I replied, "Is that so?" And she quickly cut to the chase with,"Of course, that's what queens do, and I am in the queen bed mommy, so...."
I had a quiet little giggle and told her to sleep tight. And this morning, the queen was served chocolate chip muffins and juice on a tray in her queen bed.

1 comment:

Irene said...

I don't think that's the regular bar crowd Applebees hopes for on a Saturday night, but it worked for us!