Sunday, September 17, 2006

Friday Night dinner out, Take 2...

Well, this week we tried something different for dinner. We decided to dine at a loud establishment (Rio Grande) at an early hour of 6 o'clock and after feeding baby girl some food so that she was pleasantly full and happy.
And everything was going well until... Baby girl was getting fiesty, and restless and went to visit her daddy for a few minutes while her mommy ate a bit more of her food. Somehow she managed to scrape her fingernail across the cornea on my dear husband's right eyeball.
He has a history of being a bit dramatic when he gets a scratch or a pinch, or a hit, so I really didn't take him very seriously and told him to settle down and stop the drama. OOOps! Around 3:30 am, he was pacing the house and complaining about how painful it was, and I took a look, and it looked BAD! It was swolen and watery, and he couldn't even open it. So we decided that he should probably go to the emergency room. I couldn't go with him because that would have meant waking precious sleeping babes or waking wonderful sleeping grandparents to come over at ungodly hours of the night. So my dear husband drove himself to the ER and witnessed a poor soul who nearly chopped his ear off while apparently dancing with a young lady near a strip dancer type of pole. Hmmm.... interesting! Then they took him back and diagnosed him with a corneal abrasion that went from the top corner to the other corner of his eyeball. I felt a little guilty for calling him dramatic, but he's been a bit of a pain in my butt for the last few weeks, so a piece of me felt a little justice. But, then my guilt came back and I felt badly for him.
We have said that baby girl is our wild one, but now we have official proof.
Never a dull moment at our Friday night dinners, anyone want a little excitement? Come and join us next week... who knows what will happen?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would die to have a dramatic guy- mine refuses to ever get any medical attention- ever. He got hit in the head at work by a 150 lb. garage door- and refused to go to the ER. Go figure.

Irene said...

Ahem. Irene here. When will you learn that restaurants may not be a safe spot for you and your family?!?

Anonymous said...

Our friend S.F. had a corneal abrasion and I think the ER also gave her codeine to help with the pain. It is supposed to be HORRIBLY painful.

Me! said...

Happy to report that his eye is all better now! We had one night where the VIcoden was used, and 2 days of complaining, but he hung in there. And he's learned the valuable lesson of keeping his guard up when crazy little baby girl is done with being confined.
And Irene, while I here your concern for my family, I'm just not ready to retreat to my home for another home cooked meal. :-) I need to know that I still can live among the normal people in the world.