Tuesday, August 08, 2006

my first double post, I think

Last weekend, sweet girl, baby girl and I went to hang out with my parents on their boat. DH had to work. We had the greatest day ever. It was baby girl's first real boat ride, and she loved it, as long as she knew where her mommy was. I had the chance to chat with my dad and mom about the ups and downs of my life, and reminisce on some of the things that our family has done. Sweet girl had fun eating cantaloupe and hanging out with Grammy. Her Grammy is her best friend in the whole world. I love that they have that special relationship with each other. They can talk for hours about things, Grammy is a great listener, she always makes sweet girl feel very important. And Grampy is great with them too... They know he's a big, cuddly, fun guy, and they love to giggle with him, hug on him, and make him laugh. He's so interested in the things that they are doing, and sweet girl loves that he's apart of her audience. He's so proud of them both, and they can tell and love every minute of it.
On my ride home, both of the girls fell asleep, and I had some time to just think in a quiet peaceful environment (as peaceful as I-95 can be). I started thinking how I am so lucky to have two of the most giving, loving, patient, friendly, supportive people that I know fill the role of my parents, and my children's grandparents. I have friends who tell me stories of their parents, and of how their families were when they were growing up, and I just can't even imagine or understand because I can truly say that my parents have always done everything they could for us, and they continue to do anything that they can to help. Because of these two amazing people, I am who I am. And I'm pretty proud of the person I am, and the things I've accomplished. And I think I owe a big thank you to my mom and dad for providing me all of the love, encouragement, and guidance that has shaped me into the mom, wife, and teacher that I am. Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you!

4 comments:

Irene said...

I love your mom and dad too! You are very lucky and so are your kids.

Me! said...

Thanks Irene! I know you can identify with what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You should consider yourself lucky that you have such active, wonderful parents who participate in your life and your kids' lives. Nothing can take the place of a parent. Enjoy your family!

Unknown said...

uggs
canada goose
michael kors
longchamp uk
sac michael kors
coach outlet
fitflops
moncler jackets
pandora uk
cheap basketball shoes
2017.12.14chenlixiang