Thursday, August 24, 2006

"What's that floating in the baby pool, Mommy?"

Yesterday we were at the pool. Baby girl loves to crawl and scoot in the baby pool and pretend that she is swimming. She's really comfortable in the water. Sweet girl has become quite the underwater swimmer this summer too! She loves to show off her tricks! At break time, she comes over to the baby pool to visit with her sister. Baby girl and I were playing in the baby pool, and sweet girl looked at us kind of strangely. Then she asked me to come over to her because she needed to tell me something. I asked her to come over in the pool and tell me. She said, "No, I can't." So I went over to her, and she whispers in my ear,"Mommy, I think there are some nuggets in the pool, maybe you shouldn't be in there." At first, I thought she ment chicken nuggets, and I looked around to see what she was talking about. Then I saw it. Little brown balls clustered together. There were quite a few of them in the pool. No one else seemed to notice or care, they couldn't be the type of "nuggets" that you would usually find floating in the toilet, could they? I carefully went to take a closer look. And then an even closer look. Ahhh, just some tiny acorns that were falling from the above tree. I reported my findings to sweet girl, and she sighed a breath of relief and joined us in the baby pool.

No comments: